LEED® Indoor Air Quality Testing
Are You Ready for the New V4 IAQ Test?
See our blog or call Russell Pellegrino at (315) 431-9730 for updates.
Per LEED® 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations IEQ Credit 3.2: Construction Indoor Air Quality Plan—Before Occupancy OPTION 2. Air Testing
SIMPLE – COST EFFECTIVE – SUSTAINABLE LEED® Air-Sampling and Analytical Program
Upon researching air-sling programs available from other laboratories, the Centek Labs team of analysts and LEED® Certified Professionals aimed to utilize it’s unique capabilities to provide a program that is simple, cost effective, and environmentally friendly. After thorough research the Centek Labs team developed an air-sampling program using our specially treated whole air-sampling canisters and instrumentation while adhering to all requirements set for the by LEED® 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations IEQ Credit 3.2: Construction Indoor Air Quality Plan—Before Occupancy OPTION 2. Air Testing.
1) 1L Silonite-Coated Whole Air Sampling Canister and 4-hour Preset Regulator
COMPOUNDS OF CONCERN ANALYZED (via US EPA Compendium) Through One Whole Air Sample
- TVOC (Total Volatile Organic Compounds) 500 ug/m3
- FORMALDEHYDE 27 ppb
- 4-PCH (if needed) 6.5 ug/m3
- CO (Carbon Monoxide) 9 ppm
2) PM10 MONITOR
COMPOUNDS OF CONCERN ANALYZED (via US EPA Compendium) THROUGH PM10 MONITOR
- Particulate (PM10) 50 ug/m3
Centek Labs Sustainable Air Sampling Program is Simple
The Centek Labs Sustainable Air-Sampling Program uses less (yet more innovative) media and equipment. Media set up and break down requires no tools or power. Media setup time is one-third the estimated setup time of other sampling programs. Centek Media Set up and Breakdown description (pdf)
LEED IEQ Credit 3.2 Air Testing Sampling Instructions
Centek Labs reports include all compounds of concern and their associated contamination levels. Avoid the hassles of having to interpret separate reports for each compound of concern.
Cost Effective Sustainable Air Sampling Program
SAVINGS are made possible through our ALL IN ONE PRICING schedule. TIME IS MONEY, because of its simplicity, you will spend less time in the field. Our standard analytical turn around time is 5 business days. We offer rush turn around times as soon as same day. The faster the building owner can occupy, the more money they can make.
Centek Labs becomes involved with a variety of Green Building Projects spanning the GLOBE. The extent to which we are involved ranges from full scale LEED® consulting to strictly laboratory analysis. The following are a few Green Building Projects using the Centek Labs Sustainable Air-Sampling Program:
- HEARST TOWER New York, NY
- TASTY BAKERY Philadelphia, PA
- PATRIOTS PLAZA Washington, D.C.
- SABRA DIPPING PLANT Colonial Heights, VA
- COCO COLA – Malaysia
- TD Ameritrade
- GEORGE W. BUSH LIBIARTY – Dallas, Texas
- SMUCKERS JELLY – Northeast, Ohio
- SAN DIEGO AIRPORT – San Diego, CA
- DEVON TOWER Oklahoma City, OK
- CAPITAL MEDICAL HEALTH CENTER Trenton, NJ
- WESTCHESTER MEDICAL CENTER Westchester, NY
Air Sampling Program Reference Materials
- LEED® Centek Labs Sustainable Air-Sampling Program – Chain of Custody (pdf)
- PM10 Work Sheet (pdf)
- LEED v3.0 IEQ Credit 3.2 Description Link (pdf)
Centek Labs Sustainable Air-Sampling Program Articles and Press Releases
- Green-Buildings.com Press Release
- Centek Labs Sustainable Air Sampling Program Press Release
- Recent Green-Buildings.com Article
Centek Labs is proud of offer current and prospective clients the opportunity to speak with one of our LEED® Professionals via a lunch and learn or consulting session. This service is offered FREE OF CHARGE. We can help you to determine sampling locations, interpret requirements, and/or answer questions. Please contact Russell Pellegrino to schedule a consultation or a Centek Lunch-and-Learn.